Emergency Maintenance

If you’re a tenant of Abel Property and have a maintenance request that requires immediate attention, such as:

Gas leak

Step 1: Shut off the gas mains in the meter box. If the smell of gas is inside, open all the doors and windows.
Step 2: Ensure that no gas appliances have been left on by mistake without ignition.
Step 3: If after hours, contact an ATCO listed below for further instructions. If they recommend a plumber, please organise from the list below.

Major water leak

Step 1: Turn off water at the mains (if unsure of the location, contact the Water Corporation on 13 13 75).
Step 2: If after hours, contact the Water Corporation for advice. If a plumber is required, please organise from the list below.
Step 3: Soak up excess water.

Leaking hot water system

Step 1: Turn off hot water system tap or switch and or/mains water.
Step 2: If after hours, contact a plumber listed below for further instructions.

No power

Step 1: Check RCD’s have not tripped (if so, re-engage switches)
Step 2: Unplug all appliances and check them one at a time to see if there is a fault with any of the appliances
Step 3: Check for outages on Western Power website (if there is an outage, estimated time to be provided by Western Power)
Step 4: If step 1, 2 & 3 do not assist, contact one of the electricians noted below.

Fallen power line

Step 1: Contact Western Power immediately on 13 13 51 and do not approach the area within 8 meters.

No water or discoloured water

Step 1: Check the Water Corporation website for any outages or works that may be in progress that may affect the water quality.
Step 2: If no outages or issues are listed on the website, call the Water Corporation on 13 13 75

Break in

Step 1: Contact police via 13 14 44 and lodge a report (ensure you have the police report number)
Step 2: If after hours, contact a glazier & locksmith listed below to secure the property.

Locked out

Step 1: If you are locked out of the property, please phone a locksmith from the list below. Please note that you will be responsible for the cost of attendance.

If you have made attempts to remedy the urgent maintenance with the above trouble shooting guide and still have an issue, please call a contractor from the below list for advice and assistance (note: we cannot guarantee they will respond 24 hours a day, if you cannot get in touch with the contractors below you’re welcome to contact another licensed professional).

If a contractor attends the property for repairs, please notify your property manager by lodging a maintenance report through your online tenant portal, including photos, and ask the contractor to email the account to our office for payment.

Please note, if you organise non-emergency maintenance or maintenance by a non-licensed contractor you may be responsible for the cost.


Life Threatening Emergency (Police, Fire, Ambulance): 000


ATCO (Gas faults or emergencies): 13 13 52


Goods Plumbing: 1300 333 477
Ember Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd: 0477 777 301

SES (State Emergency Services)
to attend to damage caused by natural disasters/securing a property following storm/fire/flood etc. : 132 500


Western Power (Electrical faults): 13 13 51
Goods Electrical: 1300 333 477
Response Electricians: 0438 946 094


O’Brien Glass: 13 16 16


AMCO Locksmiths: 9444 2089


VIP Carpet Care (to drain water from carpets if there’s a major water leak): 0411 885 514